Our bodies are masterpieces of design; beautiful examples of sacred geometry with the power to heal and rejuvenate—when given the time and space to do so.
I’m listening to the Tim Ferriss podcast with Dr. Andrew Weil. They discuss many interesting things, but one of the simplest and most practical gems from this interview is the 4-7-8 breathing exercise. This practice helps the body achieve a relaxed physical and mental state. From Dr. Weil’s website:
“The 4-7-8 Breathing Exercise is utterly simple, takes almost no time, requires no equipment and can be done anywhere.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
- Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
- Hold your breath for a count of seven.
- Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight. This is one breath.
- Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.”