Branches of Taoist Study
Taoists describe Eight Classic Branches of Taoist study. Different writers describe these eight branches differently. Here is one version:
- Internal alchemy. The stillness of the mind that births movement by finding the center point between polarities.
- Chi Kung, which also includes tai chi and sacred dance. Moving meditation as a body-centered path of unfolding Nature’s inner patterns.
- Tao philosophy – I Ching sciences: cosmology, astrology, numerology, physiognomy (face reading), palmisty, divination, and the application of these principles to any natural science.
- Healing/medical arts: acupuncture, deep organ massage, moxa.
- Sexology: Bedroom arts, medical and spiritual.
- Feng shui: living (homes, offices) and dead (graves).
- Five element nutrition & herbology.
- Fine/expressive qi arts: music, singing, calligraphy, painting, sculpture, storytelling (today film and theatre).
-Adapted from HealingTaoUSA.com